W. S. Young Church of Christ
The Church of Chirst in Killeen was organized about 1884, with four chartered members. J. D Tant, in his writings, claimed to have been the first to preach in Killeen, as minister, in 1886. In 1893, A.J. McCarty worked with the Church and the membership grew to about 150. The Church of Christ has maintained a place of worship for about 108 years. Many well-known preachers have preached here. The membership stands at about 350 members.
The church is served by ten elders, sixteen deacons and two ministers.
Various works are presented giving the membership and opportunity to participate.
There is an active outreach to military families at Fort Hood.
A new building was erected about eight years ago just off W.S. Young drive, on the east side of town. Located on some thirteen acres of land, the building is quite lovely and easy to find.